Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Airport and Departure



March 24th

Airport and departure

I woke up at 4:30, we had a 5:30 breakfast that morning. We had some time to all talk together and reminisce before spending six or so hours in vans and rental cars. When we arrived at the church in Nashville we all said our final goodbyes. There were many long and heartfelt hugs and kind words spoken. I owe Sarah Doren and Sarah Cook a special thanks for delivering my bike and equipment to the UPS store.


 Also Ryan told me to tell Blake that he could hardly hold back his fake tears saying goodbye to everyone this time. Apparently I was the only one going to the airport for a flight or at least the only one going directly to the airport.

(The Sarahs crammed into Sarah Doren’s car which is loaded up with gear and three bikes)
All in all it was a wonderful adventure. I was able to be reunited with good friends and make some new good friends, I was able to help some folks in need of house repair and I was able to spend some quality time on the road with my bike. It’s always awesome going on trips like this with the Fuller Center! I really hope to do a ride again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment